There are various ways that you can volunteer your time with a Jobs for Life site:
- Site Leadership –
- Prayer Leader – pray for the site, volunteers, students and student requests. The needs are many.
- Administrative Assistance – track student progress, communication, etc.
- Student Relations – recruiting and interviewing students, communicating with students and family members
- Champions(Mentors) – provide friendship, support, and a sense of community to a student. Regular attendance is required.
Instructor- provide the working foundation and motivation for students to graduate. Could teach 1-4 classes.
Business People – participate in an employer roundtable, resource panel or mock interviews. Offer to Interview students and possibly hire a JfL grad.
Meal Sponsor – make and/or serve meals to help create a sense of community
Childcare – create a safe, loving environment for children of students attending class (as needed)
If you are interested in learning more, contact the sites directly.
The Jobs RVA team could use some volunteer assistance as well. If you would like to help with your skills, we would love to have you as part of the team.
- Graphic Design
- Administrative Assistance – collecting ad compelling data from the various sites
- Planning and organizing city-wide events like Breakfast of Champions, Recruiting events, trainings, business leader gatherings, and more.
Contact the Jobs RVA team to learn about more.